It’s the most wonderful time of the year. No, it’s not Christmas. It’s Girl Scout Cookie season.
Nothing warms me up on a cold day like seeing Girl Scouts around town selling their famous cookies. Whether you buy your cookies from a cute little girl outside of the grocery store or have your mom send them to you in a care package, you must find some way to get your hands on these cookies.
On the off chance you have a few extra boxes of Thin Mints, I have just the recipe for you. This no-bake recipe is super easy and requires only a few ingredients. Think Oreo truffles, but with a deliciously minty flare.
Note: these green treats are also perfect for St. Patrick’s day, which is right around the corner.
Prep Time: 55 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 55minutes
Servings: 24 truffles
1 package Thin Mints
½ pkg. (8 oz.) softened cream cheese
1 package white melting chocolate
Mint green food coloring
1. Crush the cookies in a food processor.
2. Add the softened cream cheese to the crushed cookies and pulse until a dough forms.
3. Take small pieces of dough and form 1 inch balls with your hands.
4. Place the balls on a cookie sheet and freeze the balls for 10 minutes.
5. Prepare the melted chocolate. If you buy the baking chocolate bars, microwave the bars on high for about two minutes or until the chocolate has completely melted, stirring about every thirty seconds.
6. Mix in a few drops of food coloring.
7. Dip the dough balls in the melted chocolate and place on wax paper.
8. Decorate the truffles with sprinkles or any other toppings of your choice.
9. Cool until firm in freezer (about 20 minutes).
Other Girl Scout Cookie-inspired recipes: