The perfect combination of sweet, creamy and tangy, these lemon ricotta pancakes are sure to make your brunch better, whether they’re a pre-library or pre-wine tour treat.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appètit
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
2 cups ricotta
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
1 1/2 cups milk
1. Line a mesh strainer with cheesecloth and drain ricotta for about 15 minutes.
2. Mix dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, salt- in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk in eggs and milk.
4. Fold in ricotta and lemon zest.
5. Heat skillet to medium-low heat.
6. Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes on the first side until bubbles appear. Then flip and cook through (about 1 minute) on the other side.
7. Garnish with lemon zest and fresh berries.