When that all-powerful chocolate craving hits you, there isn’t much you can do but throw up your hands and bow your head, acknowledging the fact that you are powerless. This recognition of defeat is practiced by any sweet tooth who knows that fighting a chocolate craving is a hopeless battle with no victors.
The last thing any chocolate-craving sufferer wants is a time-consuming brain-teasing recipe to decipher. So when M&M’s aren’t enough, turn to the Lazy Brownie. With just a mug, microwave, some simple baking ingredients and 5 minutes, you can whip yourself up a personalized personal-sized brownie. Get creative and don’t be afraid to experiment! This versatile, no-fuss recipe can be tweaked to accommodate whatever secondary cravings you may be having. For the serious sweet tooth, pair with homemade ice cream.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 6 minutes
1 large mug
1 tablespoon butter (salted or unsalted)
2 tablespoons peanut butter, almond butter, or Nutella
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Handful of chocolate chips
Additional mix-ins (nuts, dried fruit, white chocolate chunks, caramel)
1. Combine butter, peanut butter, milk and vanilla in large mug and microwave on high for 30-45 seconds (or until butter and peanut butter are melted).
Tip: Grease the mug in butter beforehand if you want the brownie to slide right out.
2. Stir until completely liquefied.
3. Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and cinnamon.
4. Stir until completely incorporated.
5. Mix in any additional mix-ins.
6. Add a handful (or more, your call) of chocolate chips to the top.
7. Microwave for 60 seconds (cake should be firm and chocolate chips melted but still retaining their shape).
8. Dig in!