The school year has just started, and already the tornado warnings and freak lightening storms have you counting down the days until you can hop on a plane for spring break. While laying in the sun in Puerto Vallarta may have to wait for next semester, Mexican food does not. This simple corn salad will have you saying muy delicioso in no time.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Total Time: Under 30 minutes
4 cups yellow corn
2 tablespoons olive oil, or any neutral cooking oil
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Salt, to taste
Crumbled parmesan (optional)
1. Thaw corn, if frozen, in microwave for 3 minutes.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium high. Depending on how large your pan is, you may need to do two rounds of cooking.
3. Add the two table spoons of butter into the oil.
4. Add in approximately 1 tablespoon of cilantro.
5. Add the corn, sauté the kernels.
6. Squeeze the juice from one lime onto the corn and continue move the corn around in the skillet, stirring occasionally.
7. Add in the second half of the cilantro and the second lime.
8. Cook until kernels turn a light golden brown.
9. Lay the cooked corn on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and parmesan.
10. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes on 350°F.
11. Take corn out of the oven, serve, and enjoy!