I love burrito bowls and I know I spend too much money on them. I found that it's a lot cheaper to make them at home, plus it's great for leftovers. So in an effort to give you more guac without having to ask for it, I am teaching you how to make your own burrito bowl. 

Burrito Bowl

• 1 pepper
  • 1 jalapeño optional
  • 1 onion or shallot
  • Garlic
  • Taco seasoning
  • Salt and pepper
  • Olive oil
  • Rice 1 bag frozen rice or two cups cooked
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/4 cup cheese
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup salsa

Heat olive oil, garlic, and seasonings in a pan on medium heat while you chop your peppers. I love garlic cubes that I've found at Trader Joe's, Walmart, Whole Foods, and Target. Fresh garlic or garlic power works too.

soup, butter

Cut your peppers and onion/shallot. If you're not huge on heat, no need to use a jalapeño pepper. I would normally cut up an onion for this recipe, but all of the onions at the store didn't look good, so I got a shallot instead. It works just as well.

salmon, fish, julienne, vegetable, carrot

Put the pepper mixture in the oil and let it cook. When it seems close, you should put the rice in the microwave. I'm horrid at cooking rice, so I like to use Trader Joe's frozen brown rice, but any sort of rice will work. While waiting, cut the avocado in cubes.

cream, sweet, milk

Put the cooked rice in with the peppers and let it cook for a few minutes. The rice gets so much flavor this way.

brown rice, pepper, squash, chicken, sweet, rice

Put your bowl together by adding cheese, sour cream, salsa, and avocado. I highly recommend the salsa verde from Target (if you're like me and don't really like tomatoes). You can also add tomato, olives, lettuce, and anything else that you like on your burrito.

salad, chicken, avocado