The best of both worlds collide. The hardest part of this recipe is deciding which cake batter to start with.
Prep Time: 45 minutes (with refrigeration time)
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
Red velvet cake mix
Yellow cake mix
2 cups of water
2/3 cup vegetable oil
Peppermint swirl Hershey’s kiss (Optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine red velvet cake mix with 1 cup of water, 3 eggs, and 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
2. Mix together until everything is fully combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine yellow cake mix with 1 cup of water, 3 eggs, and 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
4. Refrigerate both cake batters for 30 minutes, and then preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
6. Pour red velvet cake batter into cupcake tin first, then alternate between yellow cake batter and red velvet cake batter until cupcake tin is full.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. When cupcakes are done cooking, take out of oven and let cool.
9. Once cupcakes have cooled, add frosting.
10. (Optional) Top off with a peppermint swirl Hershey’s kiss