On a hot day, anyone could consume an entire pint of ice cream in the name of cooling down (usually with little regret). For those whose stomachs can’t handle that dairy-intensive diet, I bring to you easy-to-make and healthy frozen yogurt pops. The main ingredient is matcha powder. It’s high in caffeine and will help boost your metabolism all while being a sweet treat.

Frozen yogurt generally does not have dairy, but almond milk only has the word “milk” in it because “almond juice” is creepy. The almond milk (sweetened) balances out the usually tangy/sour taste of matcha powder. The matcha isn’t the only healthy part of this recipe, however. Using almond milk and low-fat yogurt makes 4 bars only 165 calories.

Matcha Frozen Yogurt Bars

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:6 hours
  • Total Time:6 hours and 10 minutes
  • Servings:4+ servings

• 1 cup Sweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
  • 3 teaspoon matcha powder
  • 1 cup ice
Photo by Sam Cicatello

Gather up your ingredients.

#SpoonTip: You can use unsweetened almond milk if you prefer (I don’t prefer). Also, any level of fat in your yogurt is fine. We’re just trying to be healthy.

Photo by Sam Cicatello

Choose your matcha powder content.

#SpoonTip: The more matcha you put it, the greener your pops will be and also the greater caffeine amount will be. 

Photo by Sam Cicatello

Put all the ingredients into a blender.

Photo by Sam Cicatello

Blend until all the ice has been crushed and the liquid is smooth.

Photo by Sam Cicatello

Pour into a popsicle mold and put them into a freezer for around 6 hours (or as long as they take to freeze).

Photo by Sam Cicatello

Enjoy!

Photo by Sam Cicatello