Oh, look, another cake in a mug recipe. Yes, this trend may be a little tired, but it is hard to deny that cooking food in a mug is so darn handy (pun intended). Also, let’s be honest, who likes to share their dessert? Mug recipes are perfect for a solo night in.
Picture this: coming home from a wonderful feat accomplished at work, school, etc. How do you celebrate? Just grab a mug. Easy, delicious, and colorful, this funfetti recipe will bring out your inner child.
Funfetti Cake in a Mug
- Prep Time:5 minutes
- Cook Time:2 minutes 10 seconds
- Total Time:7 minutes 10 seconds
- Servings:1 person
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
In a mug or a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
In another mug or bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
Create a divit in the the dry ingredients, then pour the wet-ingredient mixture in the center.
Add the melted butter, followed by two heaping tablespoons of sprinkles.
Stir until smooth.
Heat for the directed time, then test with a toothpick. If cake sticks to the toothpick, it is under cooked.
Let the cake cool, then decorate or enjoy as is.