Let me preface this by saying that I am not Mexican, nor a chef, so if I can make this recipe, then you can too. Whenever I go to Mexican restaurants, I have to get me some Elote. Elote is a popular street food in Mexico, and is customarily consumed as corn on the cob with condiments such as chili power, butter, cheese, and lime juice.
It took me 18 years to realize that I can make this life-changing snack at home. Elote is easy to make and it's delicious. So easy that I usually make it in my dorm room. I mean, a dish with corn, butter, and Mexican spices, what more could you want?
Elote (Mexican corn)
- Prep Time:5 mins
- Cook Time:10 mins
- Total Time:15 mins
- 1 1/2 cups frozen roasted corn
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese or Parmesan or ricotta salata
- 1/8 lime