It’s been about a month into the New Year and if you’re like me, you haven’t kept up with any of those damn resolutions. Like, at all. I would be a little more upset about this if my New Year’s resolutions involved something like getting a new place, overcoming a major fear, planning for a trip abroad, or even making any of these great food-related resolutions.

Oh wait, I’ve done those already. I guess it’s just the traditional resolution — the same old promise you make to yourself that usually doesn’t end up happening: eat less junk.

I’ve done some pretty great things in 2016 already, and I’m certain that you have too. But c’mon now, let’s take this one step at a time. We’ve got eleven more months to work on that pesky “eat less junk” resolution. So for the time being, you, my foodie friend, have got to try these fried butter balls. Yes, you read that right. Fried. Butter.

If you wanna treat yo self to one of the tastiest and simplest things since bread-n-butter, fry these little balls of buttery delight in some golden oil and ooze into the addictive crunchy and creamy combo.

Deep-Fried Butter Balls

• Prep Time:2 hours
  • Cook Time:3 minutes
  • Total Time:2 hours 3 minutes
  • Servings:About 30 balls

• 2 sticks butter
  • 4 tablespoon plain cream cheese
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
  • Frying oil

Blend together butter and cream cheese with salt and pepper to taste until creamy or smooth.

Form 1-inch balls of butter mixture and arrange them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze until solid (about an hour).

Coat the frozen balls in flour, egg, and then breadcrumbs and freeze again until solid (about another hour).

Photo by Irvin Mai

When ready to fry, preheat oil in deep-fryer or a deep pot to 350°F.

Fry balls for about 10 to 15 seconds or until just a light golden colour.

Photo by Irvin Mai

Drain on paper towel before serving, then enjoy!

Photo by Irvin Mai