Stop settling for that weak-ass red stuff they throw on your spaghetti at Olive Garden. I’m here to show you that it’s actually super simple to make this incredible Italian classic for yourself. You really just need a pot, a knife and a little courage and pretty soon you’ll be kickin’ it in flavor town (go ahead and sue me, Guy Fieri).

So invite your bae (or future bae) over for dinner, bump some Frank Sinatra, and amaze him/her with your culinary prowess.

Marinara Sauce

• Prep Time:3 minutes
  • Cook Time:33 minutes
  • Total Time:36 minutes

• 4 cloves garlic
  • 2 tablespoon parsley
  • 1 tablespoon basil
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1 can whole tomatoes, peeled
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Photo by Max Faucher

Mince the garlic, parsley, and basil. Set aside for later.

Gif by Max Faucher

Chop onion and set aside.

Gif by Max Faucher

Pour tomatoes and liquid from the can into a medium bowl. Using your hands (hopefully you wash ’em) crush the tomatoes as much as you can.

Gif by Max Faucher

Over a medium heat, add olive oil to a medium to large pot. Once the oil is hot, add the onion. Stir the onion as it cooks.

GIF by Max Faucher

Once the onion has become translucent, add the garlic and continue cooking for another minute.

GIF by Max Faucher

Add tomatoes and bring to a bubble.

GIF by Max Faucher

Stir in basil, salt, pepper, and oregano. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 30 minutes.

GIF by Max Faucher

Take off the heat and stir in the parsley. Serve over your favorite pasta, gnocchi, sandwich, chicken, clams, eggs, waffles… Sh*t I don’t know your life, get weird with it.

GIF by Max Faucher