As college students, we spend a great deal of time trying to convince ourselves — and others — that we’re adults. But as we study, work, and pay the bills, there’s one thing that will truly never change — our love for chicken nuggets. No one can take away the sweet nostalgia we experience from chicken nuggets. Not even Mom.

However, there are ways to sophisticate this classic finger food. In just under an hour, you can take your plain ol’ chicken nuggets from drive-thru simple to five-star fancy. We’re about to show you how to eat chicken nuggets like a grown-ass woman (or man). Who knew it could be as easy as adding parmesan and a few spices?

Chicken Parm Nuggets

• Prep Time:20 minutes
  • Cook Time:30 minutes
  • Total Time:50 minutes

• 4 boneless chicken breasts
  • 2 cup flour
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cup seasoned Panko bread crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon cracked pepper, sea salt, paprika, and garlic powder
  • 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
  • 1 bottle of Canola oil
  • 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce (for dipping)
  • Fresh parsley (for garnish)
Photo by Gina Marcucci

Chop parsley into strips, then set aside and refrigerate.

Photo by Gina Marcucci

Dice the 4 chicken breasts into bite-sized nuggets.

Photo by Gina Marcucci

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper for taste.

Photo by Gina Marcucci

Measure out the bread crumbs and parmesan, then add a pinch of each spice. Mix thoroughly with a fork.

#SpoonTip: If you’re generous with the paprika, it might remind you of Chick-Fil-A.

Photo by Gina Marcucci

Prepare 3 separate bowls for (1) flour, (2) beaten eggs, and (3) the breadcrumb mix. In that order, roll each nugget around in each dish.

Photo by Gina Marcucci

Heat Canola oil in an electric skillet (or a deep pan) over high heat. In rounds of 10, fry the nuggets until golden and crispy.

#SpoonTip: After removing nuggets from the oil, place a paper towel under them for absorption.

Photo by Gina Marcucci

As the chicken is frying, bring the pasta sauce to a simmer.

Once all of the nuggets are beautifully crisp, shower them with parsley and the remaining Parmesan.

#SpoonTip: Don’t be selfish. Share with at least one friend.

Photo by Gina Marcucci