We’ve all seen that questionable green bean casserole in the middle of the table at Thanksgiving. Some brave souls have found the courage to try it, and some have even liked it. But for those of us who just can’t bring ourselves to dive in, Foodbeast has come up with a less frightening alternative. However, we can’t guarantee that you won’t offend your great aunt twice removed when you roll up to the family dinner with this bomb a** dish that blows her casserole out of the water.

Cheese And Green Bean Casserole Pasta

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:45 Minutes
  • Total Time:55 minutes
  • Servings:6-8

• 4 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
  • 3 tablespoon butter
  • 2 10.5-oz. cans cream of mushroom condensed soup
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 3 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
  • 3 14.5-oz. cans French style green beans
  • 6 oz French fried onions

Preheat the oven to 350°F, and prepare a baking dish with non-stick spray. Drain the green beans and set aside.

Cook and drain pasta according to package instructions.

#SpoonTip: Be sure to add a pinch of salt to the boiling water before adding in the pasta.

Melt butter in a large skillet. Add in cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and milk. Whisk the mixture and let it cook for about 10 minutes on the stove.

Pour about half of the soup mixture over the cooked pasta and quickly stir in 2 cups of the shredded cheese while it’s still hot. Line the bottom of the baking dish with the cheesy pasta mixture.

Pour the drained French green beans into the skillet with the rest of the soup mixture and coat. Pour the beans directly over the layer of the pasta.

Cover the dish with the remaining cup of shredded cheese and then top with the French onions. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Cut and serve while hot.