No one can resist a good party when it holds the promise of free drinks and food. No one. Except you when you’re asked to provide food for that party AND someone else already called dibs on the veggie platter (#ThanksALotSally). But who wants to eat poorly cut sticks of bland celery when they can bite into a cheesy, warm, and buttery brie and jam puff?

Be the star of your next party with this sophisticated excuse to make Sally and her carrot sticks jealous.

Brie and Jam Filled Puffs

• Prep Time:15 min
  • Cook Time:10 min
  • Total Time:25 min
  • Servings:10-12

• 2 packages Pillsbury crescent rolls
  • 1 slice brie
  • 1 jar apricot jam
  • 1 cup pecans

Peel off the paper on each crescent roll package and press down on one side of the seal. Listen for the satisfying pop from the can and unroll the dough from each one.

Tear along the crescent rolls perforated lines to make little triangles.

Cut off small pieces of brie, resisting the temptation to pop them into your own mouth. Place them on the wide end of each triangle.

Add some sweetness to the puff by spooning a teaspoon of apricot jam on top of each brie piece.

Take each point on either side of where you placed the brie and fold them over the jam. Then, take the end closest to you and roll the brie and jam away from you, towards the pointed end.

Make sure to keep both sides folded in, to keep the puff sealed tight. 

Make each puff look even fancier by decorating them with a pecan. Take your sophisticated creations, lay them on tin foil, and place them in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 375°F.

After taking the puffs out of the oven, let them cool enough to break apart with your fingers. Place them on a party tray for friends or a personal plate to eat with that bottle of wine you’ve been saving.