People love bagels and people love sandwiches, so it isn’t surprising that bagel sandwiches are all the rage. Bagels just have that great texture, are satisfying, and they go well with any sweet or savory toppings. And, of course, the sandwich is a classic. Put them together and you’ve got a harmony made in Heaven.
As a foodie, I love to create new combos of food. And I love to vegan-ize things that are all the rage. This recipe helps do justice to the praiseworthy bagel. If you want to amaze your taste buds with something savory and smokey, then try it out right away.
Smokey Vegan Bagel Sandwich
- Prep Time:5 minutes
- Cook Time:10 minutes
- Total Time:15 minutes
- 1 bagel
- 1-2 slices of vegan cheese (Chao)
- 1-2 tablespoon mayo alternative (Vegenaise)
- 1-2 slices of smoked deli slices (Field Roast smoked tomato)
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil for cooking
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup smoked red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegan cream cheese (Toffuti) (optional)
Coat a frying/sauce pan with oil and caramelize onions for 10 minutes. Add smoked red bell pepper, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to pan.
Toast bagel in the oven at 375°F with cheese and deli slice. Spread the mayo and cream cheese on one slice, and add rest of ingredients to assemble the sandwich.
Add chips or another yummy side.
Devour your smokey delicious bagel goodness.