With this mindblowing apple rose tart, your girl can have her flowers and eat them too. Did we mention that you can make this with dining hall ingredients?
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
2 cups self-rising flour
1 cup Nutella
1/3 cup water
16-oz. cream cheese
½ cup sour cream
½ cup sugar
6 red delicious apples (make sure they’re firm)
8 cups water
½ cup sugar
½ cup red wine
1. Mix crust ingredients in a bowl until dough is smooth, and form into ball.
2. Roll dough ball until ¼ inch thick and press into 8 or 9 inch tart pan, trimming off excess.
3. Prick holes in bottom of crust with fork to prevent the crust from morphing.
4. Bake tart crust at 420°F for 15 minutes, and set to cool.
4. In a large bowl, mix cheesecake filling ingredients until smooth.
5. Microwave for 5 minutes, stir, and set aside to cool. This step removes excess moisture and helps the filling set.
6. In a large bowl, mix water, sugar, and red wine to create the bath for the apples.
7. Core and cut apples into quarters, then slice the apple quarters as thinly as possible. These will be the rose petals.
8. Place all slices into the wine bath as soon as they are cut to prevent browning, and microwave for 3 minutes until apples are pliable, but not flimsy.
9. Spread cheesecake filling evenly over cooled crust.
10. One slice at a time, roll apple slices into rose buds to create the center of the roses, and arrange other slices around the bud to create the petals.
11. Repeat until entire tart is filled with roses, around 5~6 entire roses.
12. Fill any remaining gaps with small rolls of leftover apple slices if desired.
Check ways to spread the love: