While scrolling through Instagram, I continue to see these distinct food concoctions appear on my feed. It appears as though many people have strayed from the "normal" or "original" versions of food combinations to more abstract, and quite often interesting, mixtures. 

As someone who loves to experiment with food and try new dishes, I decided to make one of the bowls I had stumbled upon. The Instagram user @em_dunc  posted a picture with the ingredients, which consisted of sweet potato, grilled chicken, banana, and peanut butter.

Now, I love all of these components separately...But mixing them together? I was a little unsure how it would go. Long story short, it was well worth the experiment. I purposefully buy sweet potatoes for my dorm room now specifically just for making this dish.

SPCBPBowl

• sweet potato
  • banana
  • grilled chicken or canned chicken breast
  • peanut butter

Start off by cooking your sweet potato and your grilled chicken (if you are using canned chicken breast then you do not need to cook it). Before cooking the sweet potato, poke holes all around it using a fork. Place the sweet potato into the microwave for 6-8 minutes. Cook the grilled chicken any way you like!

Once the sweet potato is cooked, take the skin off of it. I find it easy to do this by taking a fork and moving it along the skin. CAUTION: it will be very hot.

bread, cake
    Timary Malley

After the sweet potato is skinned, place it into the bowl you are going to eat out of and mash it with a fork.

sweet potato, sweet, potato, yam, squash, carrot
    Timary Malley

Once the sweet potato is mashed, cut up the grilled chicken and place it on top of the mashed sweet potato.

chicken, meat, pork
    Timary Ma

Next, cut up a banana and place it in the bowl.

banana, sweet, milk, dairy product
    Timary Malley

Then add as much peanut butter to the bowl as your peanut butter-lovin' heart desires.

banana, ice, cream, peanut butter, chocolate
    Timary Malley

Finally, indulge! But take a picture first (if you can resist the urge to devour).

cream, milk, dairy product, sweet, dumpling, ice
    Timary Malley

Feel free to adjust the recipe to your desire and try new additives or alternatives! You are more than welcome to omit ingredients if you would like, however, I recommend using all of them. Some things to try adding would be cinnamon, honey, flavored peanut butters (such as D's Naturals), maybe some raisins, and much more! The opportunities are endless! Enjoy!