We all know that with melted cheddar and butter-fried bread you can’t go wrong. I have nothing against such standup consistency in a snack—I mean, meal (excuse me). But there are those special days you know? When you decide to wear a rainbow scarf. Or replace your usual greeting of, “sup?” with, “what’s poppin’ homie?” Sometimes we just need to spice things up by adding a little pizazz. Here’s one grilled cheese alternative that’ll help you avoid some weird stares and simultaneously titillate your tastebuds.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
2 slices sourdough bread
2 slices sharp cheddar
½ small red onion
1 tablespoon butter
1. Butter one side of each slice of bread.
2. Cut onions and avocado into thin slices.
3. Place both pieces of bread onto the pan, butter side down. Use low heat.
4. Add sliced cheese directly onto one piece of bread.
5. Add thinly sliced onions onto the other piece of bread.
6. When the bottom of the bread looks golden brown, take the the bread off of the heat and add the avocado.
7. Combine both pieces of prepared bread.
8. Cut in half and eat.
Click here for more cheese: