To candy corn or not to candy corn? That is the question. At least, it is in my house.

Candy corn has always been a subject of debate in my family. Glorious or dreadful? Nostalgic or aged? Some of us love it while the others can't stand the sight of the classic yellow, white, and orange candy.

I decided to prove my siblings—and all the others out there who don’t believe in the yumminess that is candy corn—wrong. So here it is: my redemption candy corn blondies. Shout out to Averie Cooks for the recipe that mine is based off of.

Candy Corn Blondies

• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup candy corn
  • 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
chicken
Grace Smith

Preheat oven to 350ºF and line an 8x8 inch pan with aluminum foil and cooking spray.

corn, mango
    Grace Smith

In a large bowl, melt the butter. Wait a moment and then add the egg, brown sugar, and vanilla.

egg
    Grace Smith

Whisk all wet ingredients until smooth.

chocolate, sweet
    Grace Smith

Add the flour and stir until just combined. Stir in candy corn and white chocolate chips.

apple, chicken
    Grace Smith

Turn batter out into prepared pan, keeping candy corn from touching the sides of the pan.

soup
    Grace Smith

Bake 22-26 minutes and let cool. Enjoy!

cake, bread
    Grace Smith

The blondies were everything I imagined. Sweet and gooey with just enough candy corn to turn even the greatest of haters into fans—including my siblings.