Is your pizza game up to par? If not, you can now impress your friends and family with this delicious recipe using a zucchini. That’s right, you heard me… a zucchini.
Created by one of our very own Gryphons, this dish can be made as full slices or as mini pizza bites. You can be sure that this recipe will satisfy your late night pizza cravings, minus half the calories and grease.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
Servings: 1 (makes 10 slices)
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 tablespoon ranch sauce
1 zucchini, sliced
½-1 cup shredded cheese
Pepperoni or sausage slices
1. Set oven to 375°F. Cover a baking sheet with tin foil and lightly coat with oil. Place the zucchini slices on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for two minutes. Flip and bake the slices for another two minutes. Take out when ready.
Tip: For more crunch don’t flip the slices.
2. Crack and beat an egg into a bowl and pour some bread crumbs on to another plate. Pour enough crumbs so that they’re in an even layer.
3. Take each zucchini slice and dip one side in the egg, and dip the same side in the bread crumbs. Place them back on the pan, bread crumb side down. Repeat with all slices.
4. Distribute the tomato sauce on to your zucchini slices.
5. Top your zucchini slices with cheese and pepperoni.
6 . Put your zucchini slices back in the oven for 8 minutes, taking them out when ready or cooked to your liking.
7. Get some ranch dip and enjoy.
If this recipe puts you on your pizza A game, then you will like these articles as well: