This insane polar vortex has messed with many things, including my winter boots, my hopes for a tan and my love for hot chocolate. Due to this endless cold spell, even one of the most iconic winter drinks has become a bore to me. Hot vanilla is my new go-to, and is perfect for those select few chocolate haters out there (although I will never, ever understand you guys). So try to spice things up during the last few months of winter. The snow might not be letting up, but hey, that doesn’t mean your taste buds can’t have a little treat.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
1 ½ cup milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup whipped cream
1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
dash of cinnamon
1. Scoop one cup of Cool Whip or whipped cream into small bowl.
2. Add chocolate syrup and cinnamon to taste.
3. Stir until combined (be careful not to over-stir, or mixture won’t stay fluffy).
1. Combine sugar and milk in microwave safe mug and heat for 2 minutes (stop to stir at the one minute mark).
2. After removing from microwave, pour in vanilla and stir until well incorporated.
3. Top with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate and an extra dash of cinnamon.