If you studied abroad in Spain, you have a special place in your heart for your tortilla española. And now that you have the recipe (and know that it’s so frickin’ easy to make) you can reconnect with the abroad friends you’ve already lost touch with and make some tasty tortilla, with a side of cheap wine. Salud!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
5-6 Idaho potatoes
1. Dice onions and sauté in a skillet over medium heat until translucent and starting to brown. Then set them aside to cool.
2. While onions are cooking, dice potatoes.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and fry potatoes until golden brown.
4. Salt potatoes to taste and set them aside to cool. Keep the pan over the heat; you’ll need it in a minute.
5. Crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk.
6. Mix in cooled onions and potatoes.
7. Pour onion, egg and potato mixture into a hot pan over the stove.
8. After a few minutes, when the tortilla is golden brown, flip.
9. Cook other side a few minutes more, until both sides are a golden brown.
10. Remove from pan and enjoy.