The best part of a pie is the pie crust, and the best pie crusts are homemade. I've made a couple different pie crusts in the past year, but this recipe is my favorite.

This double crust pairs incredibly well with fruit pies, like apple or peach. But, if you're set on making a cream pie, I recommend removing the ground cinnamon because it's a little odd to taste cinnamon with cream.

Pie Crust

• Cook Time:0

• 2 cups flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 10 tablespoons unsalted butter cold
  • 5 tablespoons ice water
Luna Zhang
Luna Zhang

Combine flour, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl. Use a whisk to mix well.

Luna Zhang
    Luna Zhang

Cut cold butter into squares. Add to flour mixture. Combine with fork or hands until crumbly.

Luna Zhang
    Luna Zhang

Add 1 tablespoon ice water into bowl. Mix with hands. Keep adding 1 tablespoon water at a time until a loose dough forms.

Luna Zhang
    Luna Zhang

Move dough onto a floured surface, and cut into rough halves. The bottom crust should be slightly larger than the top one.

#SpoonTip: If you want to save your crust, wrap up your dough and put it in the freezer. When you are making pie, defrost the dough to room temperature before continuing.

Luna Zhang
    Luna Zhang

Roll dough out on floured surface.

#SpoonTip: If you don't have a rolling pin, use a bottle wrapped in plastic wrap.

Luna Zhang
    Luna Zhang

Take your crust and drape it in your pie pan. Trim the excess areas and add it to the other ball of dough.

Don't worry if the crust cracks or breaks. You can piece it back together in the pan.

Luna Zhang
    Luna Zhang

Add your pie filling. We recommend a fruit pie for this crust.

Luna Zhang
    Luna Zhang

Roll out second ball of dough on floured surface.

Cut crust into strips. Place strips in lattice formation on top of your filling.

If you don't want to make a lattice. Place the whole crust on top of the pie and cut air holes. We recommend at least 5 slits.

Luna Zhang
    Luna Zhang

Bake your pie, and enjoy your delicious homemade crust.