As a college student with celiac disease, I know better than anyone how hard it can be to find filling, gluten-free snacks that still taste amazing. These delicious gluten-free granola bars are the answer to your prayers. They're super easy to make and keep well for a long time (if you can resist eating them all the first day) so they're perfect for a dorm room snack. With these granola bars you'll never feel left out again, even when your wheat-eating friends break out the Goldfish or Oreos. 

Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

• 3 cups gluten-free oats
  • 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup flax seed meal
  • 1/2 cup pistachios
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Ashley Longo

Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.

Combine all of your ingredients in a large bowl and mix with clean hands until everything is combined.

Ashley Longo

Press your mixture into the pan.

Ashley Longo

Put the granola bars in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the edges are just golden brown.

Ashley Longo

Let your granola bars cool for at least 5 minutes and then cut them into small squares for you and your friends to enjoy.

Ashley Longo

One tip for making this gluten-free granola bar recipe is to measure out your ingredients ahead of time and keep them in mason jars. That way when you're ready to cook, all you have to do is pour everything in a bowl and mix. You can also customize this recipe by adding in any combination of dried fruits and nuts to suit your tastes. Also, for anyone with celiac disease, make sure you double check that the oats you use are gluten-free because not all brands are (I personally recommend Bob's Red Mill).