Making anything from scratch can be a little scary. While it’s certainly easier to buy a tub of sour cream and a package of French onion soup mix, be adventurous and make your own dip from scratch. I promise, it’s not as difficult as you might think. Instead of getting lost while reading this recipe, this simpler (and CHEAPER!) adaptation will make you feel like Guy Fieri himself.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes, plus chill time
Servings: about 12
1 yellow onion
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon butter
16-oz. container sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Dice onion into small pieces.
2. In saute pan, melt butter.
3. Add oil and diced onions to pan, stirring occasionally for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper into bowl.
5. After letting the onions cool for a few minutes, mix them in with the other ingredients.
6. Cool in refrigerator for about an hour. Then enjoy with a sturdy chip, since this dip is on the thicker side.