With all this soul-crushing snow and ice, it might not seem like it, but spring break is almost here. If you’re like me, this means you just spent an absurd amount of money for a hotel reservation and the ability to wear shorts outdoors.  And the prospect of going to the beach has probably inspired you to eat healthier over the past few months/weeks/days.  Situations like this call for healthy meals that don’t add to the recent downward spiral happening in your bank account.

This honey mustard chicken is perfect for your dilemma—it’s under $5 and 400 calories per serving.  This is one of my go-to summer barbeque recipes, but it works on the skillet as well.  With a healthy dinner of chicken, your favorite roasted veggies and rice, you’ll have that beach bod in no time –  better late than never, right?

Easy

Prep Time: 5 minutes (plus at least 2 hours marinating)
Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 15 minutes

Servings: Makes 2-3 good size portions

2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper, to taste

1.  Combine honey, Dijon mustard, oil, salt and pepper in a Ziplock bag.
2. Add chicken breasts to bag and shake to completely coat.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Photo by Alex Weiner

3. Preheat grill or skillet to medium heat.  Coat with oil.
4. Place chicken in skillet, along with any extra honey mustard marinade.  Cook chicken breast for about 4-5 minutes each side.

Photo by Alex Weiner

5. Remove fully cooked chicken breasts and drizzle with extra sauce (that stuff is good). Serve with veggies and/or rice and enjoy.

Photo by Alex Weiner