Baked potatoes are a dinner time staple, but they can get boring. Like really boring. While this baby may resemble a dinosaur, once you try it, there’s no turning back. Split your potato open every 1/4 inch, creating a spiny baked potato that gets super crispy on the top. Slather it with melted butter in between each scalloped ring and top with bubbling cheese to make the ultimate remodeling of that decent baked potato you once claimed to love. The best part? It’s beyond easy and takes the same time to prepare. But let me tell you…when you remove these from the oven, oozing cheese and dribbles of butter, everyone around you will go into shock. Nobody goes into shock over a regular baked potato.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
Total Time: about 1 hour
4 large potatoes
1 stick butter
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
Shredded Cheese (I use cheddar but go crazy and use what you please)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Using a sharp knife, thinly slices into the potato, into rounds, being SURE not to cut through the potato.
3. Place the cut potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet.
4. Melt 1/2 of the stick of butter and drizzle over potatoes. Insert a few pieces of thinly sliced garlic in between cuts of the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until the outside is tender and the inside of each potato is soft. When done, remove from oven.
6. Turn oven to a broil. Melt remaining 1/2 stick of butter and drizzle over potatoes. Sprinkle potatoes with cheese.
7. Return to oven until cheese is bubbling. Remove.
8. Top with desired garnishes. Serve immediately.