I’ll be honest with you—I’ve never tried a typical avocado face mask before. Just the thought of mixing my prized avocados with honey makes me cringe. Why should I waste all that creamy goodness on my face when it could be going in my mouth instead?
Now you can make your own guacamole with savory ingredients that doubles as a face mask. Simply set about 2 tablespoons of the final mixture aside for your face (that is, if you can stop yourself from eating it all).
- The creamy goodness of avocados moisturizes and soothes your skin, while it also reduces lines and wrinkles. Oh yeah, and they taste amazing.
- The acidic content of lime juice reduces bacteria, tightens your pores and removes dead skin cells.
- Tomatoes contain antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that can help clear dirt and oil buildup.
- Believe it or not, cilantro has a plethora of health benefits, some of which include the reduction of oil production and blackheads.
- Sea salt doubles as both a natural astringent and antibacterial product.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes (booyah)
Total Time: 5 minutes
2 ripe avocados
1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
2 tablespoons diced tomato
½ teaspoon sea salt
Juice from ½ lime
1. In a small bowl, stir the sea salt and lime juice together. This allows some of the salt to dissolve.
2. Cut your avocados in half and use a spoon to scoop the flesh into a separate bowl.
3. Chop up your tomatoes and cilantro (try using your leftover cilantro in these recipes).
4. Add the lime mixture, tomato and cilantro into the bowl with the avocados. Mix all ingredients together until your preferred guac consistency is reached.
Take the two tablespoons of guac that you set aside earlier and apply it to your face in a thin layer. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes (until it starts to dry) and then rinse it off with warm water. You’ll be tempted to eat it, but we don’t suggest following through with that one.
Check out these cool links to improve your avocado experience: