Love grilled cheese but always left hungry for something more? Fear not. This grilled macaroni and cheese basically replaces cheese with mac & cheese. It’s like if mac and cheese and grilled cheese had a love child. Your friends will think you’re a miracle worker for making this, but it’s really pretty simple:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: About 30 minutes
1 single-serving package instant Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (or 1 cup of homemade macaroni & cheese if you have it on hand)
2 slices bread
2 tablespoons butter
Salt & pepper
1. Prepare mac & cheese exactly how Kraft experts tell you to.
2. Put the macaroni in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool. If you don’t have the patience, skip this step.
3. Butter the bread.
4. Take out the cooled macaroni & cheese and spread it on the not-buttered side of bread. Buttered sides should be facing outwards.
*If you want to get crazy, you can certainly top the macaroni with slices of more cheese.*
5. Place sandwich on a hot pan-buttered side down. Cook until the bread is golden-brown.
6. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side.
7. Season with salt & pepper; cut diagonally and serve.
There’s more where that came from:
- How to Make Grilled Cheese in the Toaster
- Can You Be Addicted to Cheese?
- Clothing Iron Grilled Cheese