If I could live on one thing and one thing only, I think it would have to be granola. Unfortunately, most packaged granola is basically all oat and only a little nut. I’m more of a nut (girl) myself, so I decided to make my own granola with a satisfactory nut:oat ratio. This recipe only takes about 30 minutes and basically provides breakfast for the week (or the perfect topping for vanilla ice cream).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
2 cups Old Fashioned rolled-oats
2 cups chopped nuts (I used pecans, walnuts, and almonds)
3/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oats and nuts.
3. Add maple syrup, honey and cinnamon. Stir until all the oats and nuts are evenly covered.
4. Spread granola evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, taking it out every 5 minutes to stir. This prevents it from burning or sticking to the baking sheet.
5. Enjoy with milk, yogurt, vanilla ice cream or anything else your heart desires.