We live in dark times, when no PSL enthusiast is safe from the scourge of mockery. No Lululemon-wearing passerby is spared from the label of basic. The masses no longer respect the holy sanctity of Uggs. IS NOTHING SACRED? 

But wait... There's hope! With this cheesecake, which subs out cream cheese for skyr or labneh, you can sate your PSL craving and be ripped enough that nobody will question your basic tendencies.

Ginger Pumpkin Protein Cheesecake

• Prep Time:1 min

• 9 whole graham crackers or other cookies
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 1 4-ounce package whipped cream cheese room temperature
  • 1 4-ounce package unflavored skyr or labneh
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
chocolate, marshmallow
Honor Crandell

For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place foil into an 8x8x2" metal baking pan so that there is overhang on all sides. Butter the foil.

cake, water, beer
    Honor Crandell

Crush graham crackers or cookies into fine crumbs with a rolling pin. Melt the butter in a pan, remove from heat, then add the crumbs. Toss the crumbs thoroughly in the butter.

coffee, cinnamon, cereal
    Honor Crandell

Firmly press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan, forming an even layer.

sweet, chocolate, cake, candy, cream, pastry
    Honor Crandell

Bake for about 12 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before placing the filling on top.

cake, barbecue, broil, pizza
    Honor Crandell

For the filling: beat cream cheese, skyr/labneh, pumpkin and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Add the egg, sour cream, and vanilla.

egg, vegetable
    Honor Crandell

Bake the cheesecake until slightly puffed and set in center, about 30 minutes. Remove form the oven, and cool completely on a rack. Chill cheesecake until cold, around 2 hours.

cake, cream, sweet, milk, chocolate
    Honor Crandell

Store covered in a refrigerator. When ready to eat, use the foil to lift the cheesecake out of the pan, and divide into 16 pieces. ENJOY!!

Honor Crandell