Living in a dorm makes you feel like chips and queso is your highest quality snack; that salsa is your alternative and burnt popcorn is your backup. What if I told you a healthy and undoubtedly satisfying snack was only 10 easy steps and 5 simple ingredients away? Whenever I used to tell my friends that my roommate and I made guac in our dorm they would gasp in astonishment and beg me to make them some. Keep a bag of Tostitos (or two) in your dorm at all times—you and your friends will soon become pros at making fresh guacamole.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
1 avocado (soft)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons lime juice
1. Cut through avocado to break it in half but don’t cut through the pit.
2. Use a spoon to scoop out the pit.
3. Scoop out the yellow/green part of the inside into a paper or plastic bowl. (Do not use Styrofoam.)
4. Chop up the avocado until it’s smooth.
5. Add salt, pepper and lime juice.
6. Use a spoon to mix ingredients together.
7. Chop up tomato into fourths.
8. Scoop out the seeds of one of the fourths.
9. Cut up one forth into ½ inch by ½ inch squares.
10. Add tomatoes and mix in the bowl.