Coming up with the perfect side dish to complement a meal is sometimes a challenge. It often takes a lot of internet searching, educating guessing, aisle wandering, and trial-and-error to come up with a balance of flavors that will keep your taste buds and grumbling stomach satisfied. But look no further. These garlic roasted potatoes are both delicious and versatile and will complement just about any dish you create. Make a big batch of them (the following recipe yields 8 servings!) and keep them in the fridge all week as a tasty, no-brainer side dish for all your weeknight meals.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
3 pounds small red or white potatoes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Slice the potatoes into quarters and transfer to large bowl.
3. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic and toss until potatoes are coated evenly.
4. Spread potatoes on a baking sheet so they are only one layer deep.
5. Bake for about 50 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown and crispy. At the 30 minute mark, flip the potatoes with a spatula to ensure even browning.
6. When potatoes are done, toss with fresh parsley, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.