My mom has been preparing brownies for all kinds of family gatherings ever since I can remember. So, I've been spoiled my entire life when it comes to chocolate treats. Her brownies are a gooey, delicious, fudgy mess that is perfect in every way (except sometimes, if they're warm, you have to use a fork...and that can be difficult). I've tried tons of other brownie recipes and this one still proves to be, by far, the best. Obviously, it depends on what kind of brownies you like—but if you don't like fudgy, then you're wrong.

Over Thanksgiving break, my mom and I made some of her (now) famous brownies. We doubled the recipe because of reasons, mostly the fact that I wanted enough brownies to sink my entire face into.

Here's the OG amazing brownie recipe.

Fudgy Brownies

• 4 oz unsweetened Baker's chocolate one bar
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter 16 tbsp
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2-1 cup walnuts optional
tea, coffee
Andrea Benaim

Pre-heat the oven to 325ºF and butter a glass pan so that the brownies don't stick to it later.

Break the bar of unsweetened chocolate and melt it with the butter. Stir occasionally.

chocolate, milk
    Andrea Benaim

You're going to want to try the chocolate because it looks like the chocolate lake from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Fight this urge. Unsweetened chocolate tastes kind of like dirt.

chocolate, milk
    Andrea Benaim

While the chocolate cools, put the eggs and the sugar in a mixer bowl. Beat until it's fully mixed and starting to fluff.

egg, tea, milk, coffee
    Andrea Benaim

Add the vanilla, salt and baking powder while on medium speed.

sweet, salt, ice
    Andrea Benaim

Lower the speed (unless you'd like you kitchen to be decorated in white for a couple of days) and add the flour slowly.

cream
    Andrea Benaim

Make sure the melted chocolate has cooled enough (if it's too warm it can cook the eggs) and add it to the mix while on low-medium speed.

cream, milk, dairy product, sweet, chocolate
    Andrea Benaim

Mix until the whole mix is the same color. It'll look fluffy and delicious, and you're gonna want to try it. I'm not saying you should, but you should.

chocolate, cream, coffee, sweet, milk, candy, goody
    Andrea Benaim

Pour the mix into the glass pan and bake for 20 to 23 minutes.

chocolate, milk, cream, coffee, sweet, candy, cake
    Andrea Benaim

The brownies should look slightly more gooey than your average brownies, and that's okay. They keep cooking after you take them out of the oven, and we want them fudgy after all.
    #SpoonTip: while you wait for the brownies to bake, don't forget to lick the spatula!

chocolate, barbecue
    Andrea Benaim