As a dairy-free pescatarian, it is hard to find a wholesome frittata recipe that doesn't contain dairy or meat. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and create a frittata that is low-carb, high-protein, and filled with nutrient-rich veggies. This dairy-free garden frittata is perfect for relaxing mornings spent in the kitchen with a group of friends or just your hungry self.

Dairy-Free Garden Frittata

• Total Time:1 hr 1 min

• 1 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 medium avocado
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 1 tablespoon + 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon diced garlic
  • 1/3 pound baby spinach
  • 8 eggs
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
omelette, cheese, omelet, frittata, spinach
Rose Wong

Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Dice the onion and avocados into small pieces. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Set aside.

guacamole, avocado
    Rose Wong

Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat. First, add in the spinach, then garlic. Sauté the spinach until wilted and set aside.

vegetable, kale, spinach
    Rose Wong

Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Cook onions in oil for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Set aside.

beet
    Rose Wong

In a large bowl, crack and mix the eggs.

broth, vegetable, parsley, garlic, bread, cream, soup
    Rose Wong

Add almond milk, salt, and pepper into the eggs. Stir the mixture.

cream, milk, soup
    Rose Wong

Add the sautéed spinach, cherry tomatoes, and avocado into the egg mixture. Stir to distribute the vegetables throughout the mixture evenly. Pour egg mixture back into skillet.

cream, vegetable, spinach, soup
    Rose Wong

Cook egg mixture on medium heat for 5 minutes or until the edges start to pull from the side of the skillet.

spinach
    Rose Wong

Transfer hot skillet to oven. Let bake for 16 minutes, or until frittata is set.

chicken, seafood, soup
    Rose Wong

Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!

omelette, spinach, frittata, omelet
    Rose Wong