So, who is the genius who decided to randomly put Nutella and strawberries together? Whoever he or she is definitely deserves some type of award. Seriously though, could there be a better combination? What better way to start the morning off with french toast, especially if that french toast is stuffed to the brim with Nutella and fresh strawberries and folded up into a cute little taquito-like roll? This breakfast meal is definitely worth getting out of bed for.

Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4-5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes

Servings: 1

3-4 slices of buttermilk bread
4 strawberries
Nutella
2-3 eggs
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 teaspoons granulated sugar
Optional: syrup or powdered sugar

1. Remove every side of the crust from each bread slice.

Sliced Buttermilk Bread Crusts

Photo by Kassie McIntyre

2. At one of the shorter sides of each piece of bread, slather on a good amount of Nutella. Be careful not to put too much Nutella on or else it might get too big to roll up.

Putting Nutella on Bread

Photo by Kassie McIntyre

3. Wash, cut and layer on strawberries right on top of the Nutella layer. Make sure to cut up the strawberries relatively small so that it’s easier to roll up in the end.

Nutella and Strawberries on Bread

Photo by Kassie McIntyre

4. Once the Nutella and strawberries are placed on the edge of the bread, you can roll up the bread. To roll the bread, start at the edge with the Nutella and strawberries on it and roll all the way towards the other end.

Plain Nutella and Strawberry Roll Ups

Photo by Kassie McIntyre

5. Whisk up two or three eggs in a medium sized bowl and set aside.

Three Eggs

Photo by Kassie McIntyre

6. Combine the cinnamon and sugar onto a flat plate.

Cinnamon and Sugar

Photo by Kassie McIntyre

7. Here comes the messy part. Carefully dunk the French toast rolls into the egg mixture, making sure to get it all over the bread.

Dipping Into Egg

Photo by Kassie McIntyre

8. Then, roll them all around in the cinnamon/sugar mix until they are completely covered.

Rolling in Cinnamon and Sugar

Photo by Kassie McIntyre

9. Take these French toast rolls and cook them in an already greased pan on the stove. It doesn’t take long to cook these but do make sure the egg is all the way cooked.

Photo by Kassie McIntyre

10. Once they are finished, top with either powdered sugar or syrup and devour.

Finished French Toast Roll Ups with Syrup

Photo by Kassie McIntyre

French Toast Roll Ups

Photo by Kassie McIntyre