So, who is the genius who decided to randomly put Nutella and strawberries together? Whoever he or she is definitely deserves some type of award. Seriously though, could there be a better combination? What better way to start the morning off with french toast, especially if that french toast is stuffed to the brim with Nutella and fresh strawberries and folded up into a cute little taquito-like roll? This breakfast meal is definitely worth getting out of bed for.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4-5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
3-4 slices of buttermilk bread
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 teaspoons granulated sugar
Optional: syrup or powdered sugar
1. Remove every side of the crust from each bread slice.
2. At one of the shorter sides of each piece of bread, slather on a good amount of Nutella. Be careful not to put too much Nutella on or else it might get too big to roll up.
3. Wash, cut and layer on strawberries right on top of the Nutella layer. Make sure to cut up the strawberries relatively small so that it’s easier to roll up in the end.
4. Once the Nutella and strawberries are placed on the edge of the bread, you can roll up the bread. To roll the bread, start at the edge with the Nutella and strawberries on it and roll all the way towards the other end.
5. Whisk up two or three eggs in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
6. Combine the cinnamon and sugar onto a flat plate.
7. Here comes the messy part. Carefully dunk the French toast rolls into the egg mixture, making sure to get it all over the bread.
8. Then, roll them all around in the cinnamon/sugar mix until they are completely covered.
9. Take these French toast rolls and cook them in an already greased pan on the stove. It doesn’t take long to cook these but do make sure the egg is all the way cooked.
10. Once they are finished, top with either powdered sugar or syrup and devour.