Outsiders who size up College Park’s food situation would most likely come to the same conclusion: “Damn, those UMD kids have a constant supply of pizza.” While this may be true, we need three things before we can actually get our fingertips on the cheesy, crispy goodness that is pizza: 1.) the time to go to Route 1 to get a slice, 2.) the energy to go to Route 1 to get a slice and 3.) the money to buy a slice once we go to Route 1 to get a slice.
So, what does a UMD student do when they’ve become so engrossed in the College Park lifestyle that she craves pizza 24/7 but barely has the resources to make it to Route 1 to satisfy these craving?
She makes her own. What makes this recipe extra special is that it requires only three ingredients and can be made in the time it takes you to get from your apartment to Blaze.
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
1 piece of bread
Seasoning to taste
Oil or butter
1. Take out your piece of bread and spread your marinara sauce on top. Cover with shredded cheese.
2. Heat it in the microwave for 35 seconds, or until the cheese on top has melted.
3. Turn your stove top on to medium-high and coat a pan in your choice of either butter or oil. At this point, you can prepare your desired toppings by combining them in a bowl for later use.
4. Place the bread into the pan that is heating up on the stove top.
5. Keep checking the bottom of the bread with a spatula to see when it has become crispy like a pizza crust.
6. When you think the bread is crispy enough, remove the bread from the stove with your spatula. Look for a golden-brown color to help determine when to take out your pizza.
7. Now, top your personal pizza with the toppings and spices that you had prepared earlier.
Look: your pizza is done and your friend just got in line at Blaze.
It seems like you’re really into pizza:
- 5-Ingredient Layered Pizza Dip
- 13 Reasons Homemade Pizza Is Better Than Delivery
- 12 Pizza Facts Every College Student Should Know