Remember the fluffernutter sandwich? That delicious marshmallow fluff and peanut butter stuffed sandwich was the ultimate treat when I was a kid. I recently bought a jar of marshmallow fluff and it reignited my love for the decadent, fluffy product. So the other night when I was craving something sweet, I decided to treat my friends to this naughty little number: mini brownie cups filled with marshmallow fluff and peanut butter.
Fluffernutter Brownie Cups
1 box brownie mix
24 mini cupcake liners
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup marshmallow fluff
24 chocolate chips
1. Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box. Line a mini muffin pan with cupcake liners and fill them with brownie batter so that they are 2/3 of the way full.
2. Bake in the oven at the temperature specified on the brownie box, but only for about 12 minutes. You want the middle of the brownie cup to be a little bit soft when you pull them out of the oven.
3. Allow the brownies to cool for 5 minutes, then take a spoon and press down the center of each muffin cup, creating a small indentation.
4. Fill each brownie cup with roughly 1 teaspoon of marshmallow fluff, leaving room for the peanut butter.
5. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter for 30 seconds in the microwave so that it’s smooth and ready to pour. Using a spoon, pour enough peanut butter to cover the marshmallow fluff without overflowing the brownie cup. Top each one with a chocolate chip in the center.
6. Allow them to sit and cool completely for about 20 minutes, or dive right into the gooey, creamy filling.