Step aside, chocolate/peanut butter because there’s a new food combo in town. That’s right, folks: the honey/Sriracha combo has arrived and it’s here to stay. Smother your chicken in it or throw it into a taco, and I guarantee your quality of life will drastically improve.

Honey Sriracha Chicken Tacos

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:10 minutes
  • Total Time:20 minutes

• 1 lb boneless chicken thigh meat; cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 6 teaspoon Sriracha
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 cup water + 2 tbs cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 cup cornstarch for coating
  • 1 egg, whisked
  • vegetable oil for frying
Photo by Gabby Veri
Photo by Gabby Veri

Step 1

Pour about 1 inch of oil into your frying pan and bring it to a medium heat.

GIF by Gabby Veri
GIF by Gabby Veri

Step 2

While that’s heating up, coat your chicken first in the egg, then into the cornstarch for ultimate frying results.

GIF by Gabby Veri
GIF by Gabby Veri

Step 3

Once your oil’s all revved up and ready to go, add your chicken and fry for a few minutes, or until the chicken is a golden-brown color.

GIF by Gabby Veri
GIF by Gabby Veri

Step 4

In another saucepan, add the goods. AKA the honey, Sriracha, garlic powder, soy sauce, and onion powder. Turn the saucepan to low heat.

GIF by Gabby Veri
GIF by Gabby Veri

Step 5

Add the cornstarch/water mix into the saucepan. Make sure to completely dissolve cornstarch into water before adding!!!! Then bring to a low boil and wait for the sauce to thicken.

GIF by Gabby Veri
GIF by Gabby Veri

Step 6

Bring back the main attraction, AKA the chicken, and coat it until it’s lookin’ dank.

GIF by Gabby Veri
GIF by Gabby Veri

Step 7

Finally, bring in your favorite type of taco shell and toppings, add the chicken, and voila! Honey Sriracha chicken tacos, y’all.

GIF by Gabby Veri
GIF by Gabby Veri