If you’re anything like me, you’ve been waiting for something like this so that you can eat grilled cheese all day, and still feel like you’re eating every meal. Breakfast has never been better.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 sandwiches
2 large spoonfuls of whipped cream cheese
1 teaspoon of confectioners sugar or sweetener (plus more for the toppings)
1 jar of your favorite flavored jam
4 frozen waffles
1 tablespoon of butter (we substituted coconut oil)
Dash of cinnamon or other topping of your choice (we used pumpkin pie spice)
Optional: Fruit or Nutella
*Note: Actual amounts are not very important, so adjust to your liking!
1. Mix the cream cheese and sugar in a medium sized bowl.
2. Spread two frozen waffles with jam.
3. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the jam-covered waffles and cover with the remaining two waffles.
4. Spread a thin layer of butter on the top two waffles and melt the remaining butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add the sandwiches and cook until golden and crisp, about 3-5 minutes per side. Feel free to add more butter to the pan if needed. You may need to adjust the heat if the waffles are browning too quickly.
6. Let the sandwiches cool for about 1 minute before serving.
Try adding apples or other toppings to your breakfast sandwich!
Want to eat grilled cheese for all of your meals? Check out these great recipes: