When you think of pasta for dessert, there’s one classic image that comes to mind that probably ruins it for you.

But a pasta company based in Denver has taken the time and care to make a chocolate pasta that is worthy of carbo-loading for dessert. Pappardelle’s started out small in 1984 with a vision for awesome, hand-made pastas. They’ve since became wildly successful and had to buy pasta machines to keep up with demand.

Throughout their expansion, they have always followed their mantra “Never say no!” which has lead to their enormous collection of unique and unheard of pasta flavors. They now sell their products in stores across the US and Canada as well as online.

The chocolate linguine is a new starch to try with sweet and savory dishes alike and you can find some examples of dishes to try on the Pappardelle’s website. This recipe comes as a recommendation from a knowledgeable farmers market stand employee with tips on how to best cook the pasta.

Chocolate Linguine With Chocolate Sauce and Berries

• Prep Time:2 minutes
  • Cook Time:18 minutes
  • Total Time:20 minutes

• 1/2 lb. Pappardelle's Dark Chocolate Linguine
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 3/4 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • Whipped cream
Photo by Benjamin Martin

Cook pasta at a medium boil in a pot of salted water for 8-10 minutes. Do not boil on high or you will lose some of the chocolate flavor.

Photo by Benjamin Martin

Melt chocolate chips and butter together in a small saucepan. Add powdered sugar and milk. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring constantly for 8 minutes. Add the vanilla.

Photo by Benjamin Martin

Toss the pasta and sauce together and plate. Top with the berries, walnuts and whipped cream.

Photo by Benjamin Martin

Enjoy!

Photo by Benjamin Martin