Farmers’ market season has arrived, which means tons of seasonal produce at amazing prices. Even if you don’t have a farmers’ market near you, you can find more variety at your local grocery store this time of year.
Spring vegetables lend themselves really well to simple dishes like these roasted vegetables. It’s really easy and incredibly versatile – which is good since finals are here and you want something both nutritious and simple.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 bell pepper
1 red onion
Optional: zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Slice the peppers and onions into strips, and any squash or asparagus into rounds.
3. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
4. Toss the vegetables with olive oil, basil, salt and pepper.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes.
6. Serve tossed with pasta and feta, inside a panini or as a side to chicken breast.