An upgrade from peanut butter toast or a bowl of cereal, peanut butter Rice Krispie treats are the best of both worlds. This treat combines the protein of peanut butter and sweetness of honey with the snap, crackle, pop of the cereal.
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 30 minute
Total time: 38 minutes
Servings: about 20 squares
2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
2-3 handfuls chocolate chips
1. Spray the mixing bowl, spoon and pie dish with Pam.
2. Measure 2 cups of cereal and pour into the bowl.
3. Microwave ½ cup of peanut butter for 30-45 seconds. You want the peanut butter to become a liquid. This makes it easier to stir and coat all of the cereal.
4. Pour the melted peanut butter into mixing bowl.
5. Melt about a ½ cup of honey in a microwavable glass and heat for 3o seconds. Again, you want the honey to become a liquid.
6. Pour the melted honey into the mixing bowl.
7. Stir everything together and, once the peanut butter and honey have evenly coated the cereal, add in a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips.
Tip: Add more cereal if there is too much liquid.
8. Pour the cereal mixture into the pan.
9. Spray your clean hands with pam to prevent the mixture from sticking to you and then pat mixture down and make it even across the pan.
10. Put in the freezer for 30 minutes to set the treat. If you have more time, you can refrigerate the treat for a couple of hours.
11. Serve and enjoy.