The best part of going home for a weekend is getting to enjoy home-cooked meals. You know something amazing is about to happen when you see an Oreo peanut butter chocolate dessert recipe from Taste of Home casually laying on the kitchen counter. Needless to say, my mom wanted me to make these, as well as some Oreo Rice Krispie treats. I definitely didn’t complain, and gladly created what might be one of the best and easiest desserts I’ve ever made. May or may not make this Oreo peanut butter chocolate goodness every month… or every week.

#SpoonTip: If you’re looking to make this on the lighter side, you can substitute fat-free whipped topping for regular whipped topping, reduced-fat Oreos for regular Oreos, and low-fat cream cheese. Also, I used a mixer, but this is definitely something you can mix by hand if you’re in your dorm room and don’t have a mixer. One of the greatest things about this recipe is the fact that it’s “no bake,” so you can make this literally anywhere.

Oreo Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert

• Prep Time:20 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:3 hours and 20 minutes
  • Servings:12-16

• 20 Oreos, divided
  • 2 tablespoon butter (softened)
  • 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese (softened)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, divided
  • 16 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
  • 15 mini peanut butter cups, chopped
  • 1 cup cold milk
  • 3.9 oz instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
Photo by Megan Clarkson

Crush 16 of the Oreos and toss with the butter.

Photo by Megan Clarkson

Press the mixture into an ungreased 9-in. square dish.

Photo by Megan Clarkson

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, and 1 cup powdered sugar until smooth.

Photo by Megan Clarkson

Fold in half of the whipped topping and spread it over the Oreo crust.

Photo by Megan Clarkson

Sprinkle the whipped topping with peanut butter cups.

Photo by Megan Clarkson

In another large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix, and remaining powdered sugar on low speed for 2 minutes. Let this stand for 2 minutes, or until it is set.

Photo by Megan Clarkson

Fold in remaining whipped topping.

Photo by Megan Clarkson

Spread this mixture over the peanut butter cups.

Photo by Megan Clarkson

Crush the remaining Oreos and sprinkle over the top. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.

Photo by Megan Clarkson