Chocolate lies on one end of the savory and sweet spectrum, while cheese lies on the other. But what happens when you combine the two? This light, delicious mousse.
This recipe uses cocoa powder and ricotta cheese for its main ingredients, creating a cheesecake-like treat without all the calories from the cream. If that’s not enough, one serving weighs in at around 140 calories, making it perfect for a snack or a dessert.
This mousse combines the sweetness of a chocolatey dessert while also being guilt-free. It contains only 5 grams of sugar if you choose to use an artificial sweetener like Truvia.
Now, make like Hannah Montana and get the best of both worlds with this guiltless (and easy) chocolate mousse.
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
¼ cup Ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
1 packet sweetener of your choice
1. Measure the Ricotta cheese and pour into a mixing bowl.
2. Measure the cocoa powder.
3. Add the cocoa powder into the Ricotta cheese little by little, tasting as you go to get the chocolate flavor to your liking.
4. Mix in the sweetener.
5. Measure out the vanilla extract and add it into the mix.
6. Stir everything together and voila!
But what is a dessert like this without add-ins?
If you’re trying to keep your mousse healthy, stick to things like fruit, crushed nuts or coconut flakes. That said, this treat is so versatile that you can totally play it up with chocolate chips, sprinkles or drizzles.
Mix it all together (oh yeah) and…Hannah Montana would be proud.