Chocolate lies on one end of the savory and sweet spectrum, while cheese lies on the other. But what happens when you combine the two? This light, delicious mousse.

This recipe uses cocoa powder and ricotta cheese for its main ingredients, creating a cheesecake-like treat without all the calories from the cream. If that’s not enough, one serving weighs in at around 140 calories, making it perfect for a snack or a dessert.

This mousse combines the sweetness of a chocolatey dessert while also being guilt-free. It contains only 5 grams of sugar if you choose to use an artificial sweetener like Truvia.

Now, make like Hannah Montana and get the best of both worlds with this guiltless (and easy) chocolate mousse.

Easy

Prep Time:
 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes

Servings:

1

¼ cup Ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
1 packet sweetener of your choice

Directions:

1. Measure the Ricotta cheese and pour into a mixing bowl.

mousse

Photo by Mikayla Baiocchi

2. Measure the cocoa powder.

mousse

Photo by Mikayla Baiocchi

3. Add the cocoa powder into the Ricotta cheese little by little, tasting as you go to get the chocolate flavor to your liking.

mousse

Photo by Mikayla Baiocchi

4. Mix in the sweetener.

5. Measure out the vanilla extract and add it into the mix.

mousse

Photo by Mikayla Baiocchi

6. Stir everything together and voila!

mousse

Photo by Mikayla Baiocchi

But what is a dessert like this without add-ins?

If you’re trying to keep your mousse healthy, stick to things like fruit, crushed nuts or coconut flakes. That said, this treat is so versatile that you can totally play it up with chocolate chips, sprinkles or drizzles.

Photo by Danielle Cahoon

Photo by Danielle Cahoon

Mix it all together (oh yeah) and…Hannah Montana would be proud.