Want to impress your friends with a sophisticated dish that’s also easy to make? You’ve come to the right place. This French tomato tarte can be prepared very quickly, requires few ingredients and will make you look like a true chef. Stun your friends by telling them that you made the dough all by yourself and you’ll have them saying “delicieux!” in no time.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 45-50 minutes
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
100 ml olive oil
100 ml warm water
2 tablespoons mustard
1 cup grated cheese of your preference
½ teaspoon thyme
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, olive oil and warm water to make the dough.
3. Using your hands, spread the dough in a ceramic dish. Make sure it is evenly spread.
4. Using a spoon, spread the mustard on top of the dough. Layer the cheese, thyme and sliced tomatoes on top.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top according to your preference.
6. Cook the tarte for 25-30 minutes at 375ºF, or until the crust is golden brown.