Bang bang shrimp is a great twist on a classic Thai meal. It's not the healthiest dish out there, but it's definitely a yummy one. 

Disclaimer: All the ingredients' quantities are very flexible depending on your personal preference. Play around with them to your liking. Whatever you do do NOT put to much mayonnaise.

Bang Bang Shrimp

• 1 lb frozen shrimp deveined and peeled
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon sriracha
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup flower
  • 1/4 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
  • A few tablespoons olive oil
shrimp, sauce, pasta, cheese, vegetable, seafood
Katherine Richter

Defrost shrimp using whatever method you like best. Make sure the tails have been removed!

#SpoonTip: Soak the frozen shrimp in a large bowl of warm water for about 5 minutes.

shrimp, prawn, lobster, sauce
    Kate Steiner

In another large bowl, soak the defrosted shrimp buttermilk. Remove buttermilk from bowl and add flour. Toss the shrimp in flour until completely coated on both sides.

meat
    Kate Steiner

Cover a pan with olive oil and lay the shrimp on it on the stovetop on medium heat. Flip after about 3 minutes. When both sides are golden brown, remove shrimp to cool.

shrimp, garlic, chicken
    Kate Steiner

In a separate bowl, add mayonnaise, sriracha and sweet Thai chilly sauce. Mix thoroughly.

beer, tea
    Kate Steiner

Combine the sauce mixture and shrimp by tossing or dipping. Serve warm and enjoy!

meat, sauce, vegetable, tomato, chicken, pork, meatball
    Kate Steiner

You may have noticed that I forgot to take the tails off before sautéing the shrimp. Give me a break. I'm only human. If you make the same mistake I did, fear not. It will have no affect on the quality of your shrimp, it will just be a pain in the ass and a little messy to do the job after.

I'll be the first to admit that my take on bang bang shrimp ain't half as pretty as a classy seafood restaurant's, but I promise you it is delish and definitely worth a shot. 10/10 would recommend.