Waffle irons are HOT right now. There is no limit to what you can waffle. From cinnamon rolls to pizza, waffle irons could replace almost every other cooking method in your kitchen. Plus, everything tastes better with ridges! But sometimes it’s good to stick to what the waffle iron was made for…waffles.
This is where the stuffed puff pastry waffle (aka the puffle) comes in.
It’s a waffle, but better. Not only is it ridiculously easy to make, it’s incredibly diverse. You can stuff your Puffle with everything from Oreos and marshmallows to Brie and green apples. The possibilities are truly endless.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 10 min
1 pack all-butter puff pastry
Any fillings you want
For the puffle:
1. Defrost pastry sheets according to the directions on the box. Cut the dough double the length of your waffle maker but the same width, then roll it out. (No rolling pin? No problem. Check out these rolling pin alternatives, we used a spray oil can).
2. Stuff the puffle! Get creative—savory, sweet it doesn’t matter. Your puffle will taste amazing no matter what.
(We stuffed ours with raspberries, mini marshmallows and chocolate bits).
3. Fold the edges over and make sure the puffle is sealed well.
4. Put your puffle the waffle maker for 5 minutes, or until golden brown, and mentally prepare yourself for what you are about to experience.
5. Enjoy the flakey goodness that is your puffle.
Still Feeling Waffley? Check these recipes out: