I am obsessed with tea. I have to stop myself from buying every different kind of tea when I go grocery shopping and remind myself that I already have 10 different kinds back in my dorm room. When I found a recipe that combined my love of tea with a cookie, I knew I had to try it. These Earl Grey shortbread cookies are the perfect treat to complement any tea time.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Fridge Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 57 minutes
Servings: 20 cookies
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons loose leaf earl grey tea
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (room temperature)
1. Stir together flour, tea and salt until the tea leaves are evenly spread throughout the mixture.
2. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and butter and combine to form a dough.
3. Roll dough into a log on plastic wrap. The log should be about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
4. Wrap up in plastic, twisting the ends shut, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375° F.
6. Slice log into 1/3 inch thick slices and place on parchment paper or a greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookie edges are slightly browned.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Confused about tea? Here’s what you need to know: