St. Fratty’s day is here and you know what that means: beer, beer and more beer. But before you hit the streets decked in head-to-toe green for a day of darties and leprechauns, add a little culture to your St. Patty’s day by fueling up with a full English breakfast. This protein-filled mega-breakfast is not only authentically delicious, but it’ll help you keep the beer down all day. Whip this up in five easy steps.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10-15 mins
Total Time: 15-20 mins
2 pieces of turkey bacon
1 sausage link
1 piece of bread
1 can microwavable baked beans
½ cup mushrooms
½ cup grape tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1. In a large pan or skillet, fry the bacon and sausage.
2. Cut mushrooms and grape tomatoes into halves. In a separate pan, sauté mushrooms in olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
3. Pour can of baked beans into a bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes.
4. Crack two eggs into the pan that’s still greasy from the meat, and cook for one minute covered and five minutes uncovered. When the whites are opaque, they’re done.
5. Toast a piece of bread and serve with a steaming cup of Irish coffee.